is adjacent to the Port of Fujairah. Companies established here have easy access
to all Arabian Gulf ports, the Red Sea, Iran, India and Pakistan on weekly
feeder vessels. Mainline services arrive from Northern Europe, the
Mediterranean, Far East and North America on a weekly basis, and services leave
twice weekly to the Far East and once a week to North America. Fujairah Free
Zone is also close to Fujairah International Airport which is the only airport
serving the UAE East Coast as well as northern Oman.
A fortunate combination of
geographic location, with access to world’s major shipping routes, a fine port &
airport, and streamlined procedures, make the Free Zone of Fujairah an ideal
place for business.
Investors benefit from the
triple Fujairah Free Zone advantage, namely the ACE -Accessibility, Connectivity
Accessibility & personal touch
of the staff, and management. Fujairah Free Zone offers a unique Connectivity -
logistic link to the world; by air through Fujairah International Airport, by
sea through Fujairah Sea Port, and by road to Middle East & beyond. Investors
benefit by way of faster transaction, accruing due to shorter delivery times.
Fujairah Free Zone (FFZ) offers an unmatched Economy – cheaper tariffs, and
minimum start up time. Licenses can be issued within one working day. Reduced
establishment expenses, and lower overheads, make FFZ a very cost effective
- Multi-access to neighboring and global markets by land, sea and air.
- Variety of investment fields.
- Investor-oriented policies
- Efficient and cost-effective investment facilitation
- Full investment security
- Served by Fujairah Port and the Fujairah International Airport.
Investors can obtain up to 100% ownership operational license under the
following categories according to their lease agreement with the authority:
Trading & General Trading License
Authorised to import, export and re-export agreed and specified commodities.
The license entitles the investor to carry out import, export and re-export
freely in the Free Zone and outside the UAE For local distribution, the
Authority can arrange special permits with the relevant Government departments
for hassle- free operations.
Can be obtained on leasing warehousing facilities. This license entitles the
investor to use the warehouse as a hub for major distribution, benefiting
storage and packaging of goods.
Obtained on approval and implementation of the project. All projects must be
fully insured including manpower and machinery. All manufacturing license
approvals are subject to the identification of the following:
- Area requirements – built-up and open space
- Electricity, water and manpower requirements
- Environmental aspects of the project
Type of Ownership
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – an entity with a sole owner.
- Free Zone Company (FZC) – an entity owned by 2 – 5 partners.
New business entities can have two types of
Branches, a branch of UAE residing company or of a foreign company residing
outside the UAE
The documents required for opening a
branch in Fujairah Free Zone are:
- Board Resolution of the Parent Company
- Memorandum of Articles attested by the UAE Embassy of the parent Comapny
- Valid operating license of the parent company/ies
- Passport copies of all the directors, Shareholders, Person In-charge etc
with two photographs
- General Trading Licence
- Consultancy/Services Licence
- Industrial Licence