is the world’s only Free Zone
dedicated to Higher Education. Established in 2007 as part of TECOM
Investments, DIAC aims to develop the region’s talent pool and establish the UAE
as a knowledge-based economy.
DIAC is located on a fully-appointed 18 million sq ft. campus with 27 Academic
institutions from 11 countries.
The DIAC campus is host to over 16,000 students from over 100 nationalities,
showcasing the cosmopolitan and multicultural nature of the region. DIAC
students have access to over 300 Higher Education programmes, including
Undergraduate and Post Graduate programmes, from fields such as Engineering, IT,
Media, Business, Fashion Design, Healthcare, Mass Communications, Media and many
DIAC is able to license such segments as Higher Education Providers
(Universities, Branch Universities and Junior Colleges), Online Universities,
Management Development Centres, Education Service Providers (Academic Support
and Student Support Services), Non-Academic Services Providers (Sports
Facilities, Libraries, Accommodation) and Free-lancers.
Free Zone Benefits
- 100% foreign ownership
- Full repatriation of profits and capital are permitted
- 100% Tax Free – Guaranteed 50-year exemption from personal, income
and corporate taxes
- Exemption from customs duty for goods and services
Unique Cluster Environment
- A unique cluster environment where businesses across the industry
value chain share a work campus dedicated to their industry, and can
interact and collaborate effectively
- Communities that are anchored by leading global, regional and local
names in the industry
World Class Infrastructure
- State of the art technical and community infrastructure to support
and foster the growth of the cluster
- Simple and streamlined company registration
- Business-friendly company laws and legal framework
- One-stop–shop services that provide business partners with a
variety of government services , including licensing, visa, traffic and
- 24-hour visa service
- Quick access to Knowledge Workers due to fast-track immigration
DIAC provides flexible solutions for its business partners with support from its
loyal customer service team. DIAC has a dedicated Partner Development Team that
provides a platform, which supports the exposure, visibility and growth of
existing partners within DIAC, by developing initiatives for student
recruitment, research and development and organising ongoing education events.
DIAC students are supported by the Student Hub Team. The team organises events
for students including sporting, social and cultural events, while also
organising all student visa requirements and general activities aimed at
enriching student development.
DIAC is also committed to developing a sustainable, environmentally responsible
campus. Recently DIAC Phase III achieved a “Green” status and was awarded
Silver LEED certification. DIAC provides an established educational
environment for your academic institution, catering to students from all around
DIAC offers a variety of products for potential clients:
- Educational: These plots are meant for building educational
institutions (i.e. universities, vocational colleges etc)
- Mixed-Use: Mixed-use plots can be used for building residential
apartments or any mixed use applications.
- Student Accommodation: Student Accommodation plots are for building
accommodation and dormitory facilities foruniversities and colleges.
- Retail: Retail plots are for shopping centers, super markets etc.
- Hotel: For building Hotels.
* All the above plots are available for lease of a period of 50 years.
Commercial Floor Space
Our built-up floor space can be used by entities which meet our licensing
The DIAC Business Center offers a selection of products and services
ranging from hot desk to fully furnished complete office environments.
- Hot Desk – A Hot desk is a shared office desk that
can be used by more than one client. A hot desk is perfect for
Freelancers looking to have a space to complete office work such as
email, browsing, printing and calling. Hot desk clients are eligible
for one visa per freelancer.
- Executive Desk – Executive Desks are furnished with
one desk and chair, and a storage pedestal and cabinet with key. Each
open office has a partition running from floor to shoulder height
between desks to offer privacy, within a shared environment. Executive
Desk clients are eligible for 2 visas per desk. Typical desk cabin size
is approximately 100 sq.ft
- Executive Office (Type 1) - An executive office is
furnished with one executive desk and chair, visitor chairs, a storage
cabinet and pedestal. Typical office sizes range from 100 to 250 sq ft.
- Executive Office (Type 2) - The Executive Suite
offers a full-fledged furnished office environment, within the Business
Centre, which includes once executive table with chairs, visitors couch,
a storage cabinet and pedestal. Typical desk cabin size is 281 sq.ft
- Fitted Out Commercial Space – A Fitted out
Commercial Space offers the upper end for a business environment. From
open areas fitted with desks, chairs and table, to projectors and audio
visual systems, we have something to offer you. All floors are fully
carpeted and have false ceilings with full provisions for Internet,
telephone, IT services and electricity.
Retail and Kiosk Space
- Retail – Retail spacing is provided for companies
offering support services such as clinics, pharmacies, courier services,
beauty salon, money exchange, restaurants etc.
- Kiosk– Kiosks are small retail outlets for the above
mentioned retail providers
- ATM Machines – Cash machines to serve the DIAC
DIAC is looking to expand its operations by bringing in Academic institutions
and Universities that fit the region’s workforce demand. With years of
experience and a strong commitment to developing the UAE’s Education system,
DIAC can be seen as your trusted partner in bringing in the very best in